Feb 18, 2008

Let's Just Do Both.

If I had to combine the two possible topics, into one extraordinary essay, I guess I would talk about comics or graphic novels.
I took a class, my Junior year of High School, called Visual Lit. and we had to read Maus, a graphic novel about the Holocaust. I really liked the way texts were combined with the pictures to create a story.
So for the essay, I believe I would write about Graphic Novels as a genre. I would talk about how the conventions would have to include an interesting topic that would allow readers to engage in the Comic or Graphic Novel. It would need pictures that would create a visual that allows readers to understand the small amount of text. Of course, it would need some text (although, there was that time when Marvel did the no text comic) that would allow the reader to understand the picture.
The text and pictures come together in a way that allows readers of all different ages (depending on the type of graphic novel. Some are for adults only, and some are for kids) to get into the story. With comics and Graphic Novels, there is usually a plot or a punch line that can be inferred when seeing the two combined together.

No comments: